Business Website Essentials
A modern website is not just about delivering great quality content and building customer relationships, it’s about connecting with your customer base and expanding it. Having a poorly executed website or none at all could mean that you are losing out on a lot of business to your competitors.
Understandably, creating or redesigning a business website can be a complex task with a lot to consider so this workshop is here to help. We will look at the key principles that make an effective business website including the design and content considerations when building or redesigning your site.
We will cover:
- Why do you need a website?
- What is a website and the key things you need (hosting, domain name, etc.)
- What makes a good website
- Setting your online strategy – What is your website designed to do?
- How Google works and the importance of content
- Basic Search Engine Optimisation
- Branding, values, colours and functionality
- Your market, niches and keywords
- Other elements of your online strategy – email, social media, CRM
- GDPR and security
- Basic design, layouts and templates
- Analytics, statistics and monitoring
- Developing and improving your website
Date: 9th October 2019
Time: 1.30pm to 4.30pm
Location: Okehampton Business Centre, Higher Stockley Mead, Okehampton, Devon, EX20 1FJ
To be eligible to attend this free workshop you need to be based in one of the following local council areas: East Devon, Mid Devon, West Devon, South Hams, Teignbridge or Exeter. If you are unsure, you can check by entering your postcode into the Government Council Checker. You can find further details about the eligibility criteria here.
To bring with you:
If you are currently trading you must bring with you a copy of your Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) Number that you will have received when you registered with HMRC. We need this to show our funders that you are operating a real business so that we can provide the support at no cost to you.
There will also be some forms that you need to complete and bring along with you to the workshop. Full details will be sent out in your confirmation email.
For more information about where to find your UTR number and details of the forms you will need to complete and bring with you, please click here.
If you have any questions about the eligibility criteria or information you need to bring with you please call us on 01837 659 059 before making a booking to avoid disappointment on the day.
The Heart of the South West Growth Support Programme is receiving up to £904,945 of funding from the England European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). The accountable body for this programme is Devon County Council.