Creating a Business Website in WordPress: Getting Started
A modern website is not just about delivering great quality content and building customer relationships, it’s about connecting with your customer base and expanding it. This free workshop will look at the key principles that make a great website and how to get started with WordPress. You’ll also look at the typical costs of creating a website as well as how to build your own WordPress site that is effective and delivers a great user experience.
We will cover:
- Why do you need a website?
- What is a website and the key things you need (hosting, domain name, etc.)
- What makes a good website
- Setting your online strategy – What is your website designed to do?
- How Google works and the importance of content
- Basic Search Engine Optimisation
- How much is it going to cost?
- What you need to do to prepare for a new website
- Branding, values, colours and functionality
- Your market, niches and keywords
- Planning and creating a site map
- Other elements of your online strategy – email, social media, CRM
- GDPR and security
To be eligible to attend this free workshop you need to be based in one of the following local council areas: East Devon, Mid Devon, West Devon, South Hams, Teignbridge or Exeter. If you are unsure, you can check by entering your postcode into the Government Council Checker. You can find further details about the eligibility criteria here.
To bring with you:
If you are currently trading you must bring with you a copy of your Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) Number that you will have received when you registered with HMRC. We need this to show our funders that you are operating a real business so that we can provide the support at no cost to you.
There will also be some forms that you need to complete and bring along with you to the workshop. Full details will be sent out in your confirmation email.
For more information about where to find your UTR number and details of the forms you will need to complete and bring with you, please click here.
If you have any questions about the eligibility criteria or information you need to bring with you please call us on 01837 659 059 before making a booking to avoid disappointment on the day.
The Start Up & Grow project is receiving funding from the England European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). The accountable body for this programme is YTKO.