Creating a Business Website in WordPress: Templates, Design & Content
In this workshop we will look at the design and content considerations when building or redesigning your WordPress website. You’ll learn about the various themes and templates that are available, where to find them and how to adapt them for your brand. We’ll also cover how to find images for your site as well as turning your site map into actual pages.
- Templates vs. bespoke designs
- Basic design, layouts and templates
- Getting started with WordPress
- Finding your way around the control panel
- Pages, posts and media
- Structure: Pages, posts, headers, footers, sidebars and menus – implementing your sitemap
- Using dummy content to fill pages
- Navigation: Landing pages, buttons, icons and favicons
- Media: Image optimisation, finding images and copyright consideration
- Analytics, statistics and monitoring
- Developing and improving your website
To be eligible to attend this free workshop you need to be based in one of the following local council areas: East Devon, Mid Devon, West Devon, South Hams, Teignbridge or Exeter. If you are unsure, you can check by entering your postcode into the Government Council Checker. You can find further details about the eligibility criteria here.
To bring with you:
If you are currently trading you must bring with you a copy of your Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) Number that you will have received when you registered with HMRC. We need this to show our funders that you are operating a real business so that we can provide the support at no cost to you.
There will also be some forms that you need to complete and bring along with you to the workshop. Full details will be sent out in your confirmation email.
For more information about where to find your UTR number and details of the forms you will need to complete and bring with you, please click here.
If you have any questions about the eligibility criteria or information you need to bring with you please call us on 01837 608 250 before making a booking to avoid disappointment on the day.