Start Up Business Basics
This workshop is for West Devon residents, not currently trading or registered with HMRC .
If you’re thinking of starting your own business then this free workshop is for you. Turn your business idea into reality this year as we take you through the fundamentals of starting your first business.
The workshop is run by one of our highly experienced business advisors who has a wealth of knowledge across a huge variety of business stages and sectors. They know exactly what it takes to plan and launch a successful and sustainable business.
You’ll get practical advice on a variety of vital business basics such as choosing the right business structure, managing finances and start-up funding as well as dealing with self-assessment tax.
- Basics of self-employment including company types.
- Personal financial requirements and budget.
- Understanding business income and expenditure.
- The difference between profit and cash flow.
- Funding options for your business including how to apply for loans and grants.
- Registering your business with HMRC.
- How to prepare and organise tax returns.
To be eligible to attend this free workshop you need to be based in West Devon and not currently trading or registered with HMRC. If you are unsure about whether you are based in West Devon, you can check by entering your postcode into the Government Council Checker.
If you have any questions about the eligibility criteria or information you need to bring with you please call us on 01837 659 059 before making a booking to avoid disappointment on the day.