Having a clear and straightforward business plan provides your road map for success and is also fundamental when applying for any type of finance or funding. It’s important to understand your position, create goals and develop a clear plan of action.
We will take you through the business planning process for your farm from start to finish. Guided by an experienced advisor, it will give you an opportunity to step back from the day-to-day and reassess your business strategy.
During the workshop we will cover:
- Why plan? – what’s it all about and who is it for?
- Taking stock – Strengths, Weakness, Opportunities, Threats
- Look at your figures – where is your profit coming from?
- Understanding capital, revenue, profit and cashflow
- Understanding your products
- Understanding markets
- Building forecasts
- Evaluating investment choices – where is the best return?
- Presenting your plan – creating a one-page business plan
Date: 29 November 2021
Time: 2.00pm to 3.30pm
Location: Online via Zoom. If you haven’t used Zoom before, here is a guide on how to join the meeting.