Navigating the Agricultural Transition
Helping farmers, their families and their businesses to navigate the Agricultural Transition.
Between 2021 and 2027, the government will reduce and then stop Direct Payments. Instead, farmers will be supported to improve the environment, improve animal health and welfare, and reduce carbon emissions.. This is the biggest change in farm support for generations and all farmers need to think how they will adapt.
The Future Farming Resilience Fund has been funded by Defra to allow us to support farmers and land managers with this transition. The support is free and available to any farmer or land manager currently in receipt of BPS payments.
This FREE workshop will cover:
- Timelines and reductions in the Basic Payment Scheme
- Outline of the Environmental Land Management Schemes
- The introduction of the Sustainable Farming Incentive Scheme (SFI) 2021/2022
- How the SFI links with the Environmental Land Management Scheme (ELM’s)2024
- Options to improve productivity and increase profits as the BPS payments reduce
- The Lump Sum Retirement Scheme
- Business diversification strategies
We will also take a look at number of new capital grant schemes are proposed linked to the SFI standards and also stand alone productivity grants under the Farming Investment Fund.
The workshop is run by Stewart Horne who has a wealth of agricultural and business experience, having been a farmer for over 35 years and Managing Director of BIP for over 20 years. A well respected professional he holds several high-profile roles connected with rural organisations including the Rural Services Network, CQLP and is a member of several initiatives.
Timings & Refreshments
We will be serving a free buffet and refreshments prior to the start of the workshop with timings as follows:
- 7.00pm – Arrival, buffet and refreshments
- 7.30pm – Workshop starts
- 9.30pm – Workshop ends
Date: 21 April 2022
Location: Okehampton Business Centre, Higher Stockley Mead, Okehampton, EX20 1FJ
This workshop is available to any farmer or land manager in Devon or Somerset currently in receipt of BPS payments.