Navigating the Agricultural Transition
Helping farmers, their families and their businesses to navigate the Agricultural Transition.
Between 2021 and 2027, the government will reduce and then stop Direct Payments. Instead, farmers will be supported to improve the environment, improve animal health and welfare, and reduce carbon emissions.. This is the biggest change in farm support for generations and all farmers need to think how they will adapt.
The Future Farming Resilience Fund has been funded by Defra to allow us to support farmers and land managers with this transition. The support is free and available from September 2021 to February 2022 to any farmer or land manager currently in receipt of BPS payments.
This FREE workshop will cover:
- Timelines and reductions in the Basic Payment Scheme
- Outline of the Environmental Land Management Schemes
- The introduction of the Sustainable Farming Incentive Scheme (SFI) 2021/2022
- How the SFI links with the Environmental Land Management Scheme (ELM’s)2024
- Options to improve productivity and increase profits as the BPS payments reduce
- The Lump Sum Retirement Scheme
- Business diversification strategies
We will also take a look at number of new capital grant schemes are proposed linked to the SFI standards and also stand alone productivity grants under the Farming Investment Fund.
In addition to this workshop we can also offer free one-to-one consultations and support with one of our highly experienced, local advisors. who can work with you to assess your current position, how the changes are going to affect you and your farm, discuss your options and help to develop an agreed action plan for the future.
Timings & Refreshments
We will be serving a free buffet and refreshments prior to the start of the workshop with timings as follows:
- 7.00pm – Arrival, buffet and refreshments
- 7.30pm – Workshop starts
- 9.30pm – Workshop ends
Date: 18 January 2022
Location: Azets, Lime Court, Pathfields Business Park, South Molton, EX36 3LH
This workshop is available to any farmer or land manager in Devon or Somerset currently in receipt of BPS payments.