Starting Your First Business
As part of East Devon District Council’s ‘Adapt & Thrive’ programme, this FREE workshop will help you turn your business idea into reality as we take you through the fundamentals of starting your first business.
If you’re thinking of starting your own business then this free workshop is for you. Turn your business idea into reality as we take you through the fundamentals of starting your first business.
The workshop is run by one of our highly experienced business advisors who has a wealth of knowledge across a huge variety of business stages and sectors. They know exactly what it takes to plan and launch a successful and sustainable business.
You’ll get practical advice on a variety of vital business basics such as choosing the right business structure, managing finances and start-up funding as well as dealing with self-assessment tax.
- Understanding business roles.
- Market research and the viability of your business.
- The marketing mix and setting prices.
- Personal financial requirements and budget.
- Understanding business income and expenditure.
- Registering your business with HMRC.
- Setting goals and major pitfalls to avoid.
An experienced business advisor will be running the workshop and it is an interactive session, so questions are more than welcome at any point.
The session will be run online using Zoom and joining details will be sent via email nearer the time.
Date: 6th October 2020
Time: 9.30am to 12.30pm
This webinar is part of a four part, startup programme. The webinars will take you logically through from the basics of self-employment and starting your first business, through to learning how to create you own business website and Facebook business page. Follow the links below to book on to any or all sessions:
- Part 1: Is Self Employment Right For Me? (29th September)
- Part 2: Starting Your First Business (6th October)
- Part 3: Website Design & Getting Discovered Online (14th October)
- Part 4: Making the Most of Facebook for New Business (21st October)
To be eligible to attend this free workshop you need to be based in the East Devon area. If you are unsure, you can check by entering your postcode into the Government Council Checker.