Devon Elevation Fund
*UPDATE MAY 2022*
The Devon Elevation Fund is now closed to second applications.
Applcations were only in West Devon and Torridge.
- Be quick if you want to apply! Only a small amount of funds are remaining due to the success of the first round
- There will be some changes to the eligibility of certain items
- Applications for districts other than West Devon and Torridge cannot be processed
The Devon Elevation Fund, being part of the Community Renewal Fund, provides grants of between £2,500 and £25,000 for projects that help businesses and community organisations to do any of the following:
- Respond to the different trading environment resulting from COVID-19
- Plan for future growth and development
- Develop new products and services
- Improve infrastructure
- Assess the feasibility of future initiatives
The fund aims to bring the opportunities of innovation and positive change within the reach of the smallest businesses and community organisations across Devon.
All applicants will also be assisted to develop appropriate Innovation and decarbonisation plans.
The grants will support new and existing businesses and organisations, to purchase services that will help them respond to the challenging trading environment caused by COVID-19 and enable them to plan for the future, to grow, provide additional services or improve their infrastructure.
The funding is mostly revenue, to buy in help, advice and expertise to achieve these objectives, and there may be an opportunity to include small items of equipment in support of this. This funding cannot be used to pay for your own staff time or for your running costs.
For grants above £5,000 you will also need to make a contribution to the costs of the project.
Who can apply?
- SMEs (including start-ups, social enterprises)
- Constituted community organisations (including business/community groups, parish, town, district/borough councils)
What type of projects can be funded?
Here are just a few examples of the types of projects that could be funded:
- Developing new digital and marketing platforms
- Advice on Brexit related opportunities such as importing or exporting
- Advice on patents and copyrights
- Expertise to develop new products and services
- Technical training for employees
- Social enterprise business planning
- Assisting business startups for disadvantaged communities
- Feasibility studies for future projects
- Professional plans for capital investments
What type of projects can't be funded?
- Projects that cannot demonstrate a positive impact on the local economy
- Projects that do not meet the priorities of the DEF
- Projects that have started, and do not need a grant to continue or complete
What are the grant limits?
- Minimum grant: £2,500
- Maximum grant: £25,000
- Grants up to £5000 will be 100% funded. Anything above will be an 80% grant rate.
How this grant scheme is funded
Note: the Devon Elevation Fund is part of the Community Renewal Fund, managed by the department for levelling up, housing and communities and delivered locally by Devon County Council and North Devon +, Business Information Point and the Diverse Regeneration Company CIC.